If you are interested in our health literacy program as a patient, a community-based organization, or a medical facility in the 5 county Philadelpia metropolitan area, please contact our Executive Director Suzi Garber.
Currently our geographical focus is the Greater Philadelphia area; future plans are to expand our program through the Internet.
As most nonprofits do, we craft partnerships to strengthen and integrate with our services to meet our goals and mission. We are looking forward to creating partnerships with community-based organizations - clinics, hospitals, educational institutions, literacy programs, wellness centers and social service, etc. that will help us make meaningful contributions to the health literacy movement.
We train our coaches who can be medical professionals or e-patients to mentor adults to become effectively literate; our partners are those who work with patients or caregivers who are interested in learning how to access, and navigate, the rapidly changing health care world and its new Internet technology.
Our patient advocacy and consulting services are an integral part of some of the partnerships listed below.
- University of Pennsylvania Hospital (HUP) and Abramson Cancer Center, Philadelphia PA
- Ochsner Health System, New Orleans, LA
- Thomas Jefferson Hospital, Philadelphia PA
- Holy Redeemer Hospital, Huntingdon Valley, PA
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA (NOLA)
- CHOP (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia), Philadelphia, PA
NET* Clinic Partnerships (specialty practices)
- NOLANETS, New Orleans LA
- NET Program, Abramson Cancer Center,Philadelphia PA
Abramson Cancer Center honored Executive Director, Suzi Garber in 2011 with its NET Patient Advocacy Award.
- University of Pennsylvania Radiology Department
* neuroendocrine (tumor) cancer
- Caring for Carcinoid Foundation, Boston MASS
- Carcinoid Cancer Foundation, New York
- Inter Science Institute, Inglewood, California
- Philadelphia Zoo
Neuroendocrine Tumor Advocate Groups
- Other NET Groups
Individual Patient Sessions
-The newly diagnosed
- Provide resources/Informational Packets
- Health Coaching/Navigation & Advocacy Services
Community-based Organizations (CBOs)
- Temple University's Project Shine, Philadelphia PA
- Center for Literacy, Philadelphia PA
- Cancer Support Community of Philadelphia (formerly the Wellness Community/Gilda's Club), Ivyland PA
- Caring From a Distance, Washington D.C.
Community/Regional Hospitals (Planning Stage)
Bucks and Montgomery Counties, S.E. Pennsylvania (5 hospitals):
Suburban support/resource group
- Mission: The Educated Patient.
- Host: The Cancer Support Community of Philadelphia, PA formerly The Wellness Community/ Gilda's Club.
Different perspectives can bring clarity of purpose to each partner as they enrich each other.